What to Expect When Coming in for Appointments
We are excited to welcome our patients back to Dentistry 2000. Our goal is to provide care to healthy patients ONLY via our Patient Screening Protocol. These five steps were created through collaboration from many dental professionals and help use ensure the safety of our staff, patients, and community!
Plan for Our Office Employees and Patients:
- Dental Team Screening Protocol — At the start of each day ALL Doctors & Employees will go through the COVID-19 Screening Protocol questions to confirm they have NO symptoms & have not been exposed. ALL Doctors & Employees temperature to be taken via a touchless Thermal Thermometer. Results of the questions & results of temperatures to be documented daily.
- Patient Appointment Confirmation Screening Protocol — ALL appointments will be confirmed a day prior to the patient visit to the dental office using the COVID-19 screening protocol questions:
- Watery nose
- Warmth, chills, or fever (> 100 degrees F)
- Difficulty Breathing
- Been exposed to a patient with viral illness symptoms?
- Travelled outside the country?
- Visited a nursing care facility?
If the answer is NO to ALL the COVID-19 symptom & questions, your appointment will be confirmed. Your temperature will be taken upon arrival to the with our touchless thermal thermometer and then you can wash your hands as required by the COVID-19 Healthy Practice Protocols. Patients can call the office when they arrive for their appointment, remaining in their car until we confirm the treatment room is ready for them, then walk the patient directly into the prepared treatment room (temperature & hand washing potentially performed here — up to you).
- Patient Office Arrival Protocol REMEMBER — temperature to be taken upon the patient arrival to our office with our touchless thermal thermometer as part of our COVID-19 Healthy Practice Protocols. Patients to wash their hands as soon as possible once they are in the dental office. The reception room seating will be set up with proper distances if seating is absolutely needed. Please call the office when you arrive for your appointment, remaining in the car until we confirm the treatment room is ready, then walk the patient directly into the prepared treatment room.
- Patient Check-In and Check-Out Protocol —The front office work space and reception area are disinfected after every patient visit as if it were being used as a treatment room (All surfaces are wiped down with disinfectant including countertops, pens, tablets, credit card machine, reception chairs, reception tables.
Prior to your upcoming appointment, please fill out these forms and send them to email@example.com. Thank you!
ADA Patient Screening Form Consent Form